Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Home from Fitness Ridge

We made it!! Tamara and I are home from Biggest Losers Fitness Ridge!!! I think she lost 8 pounds and I lost 3, at the resort. And by the time I got home I was down 7 total for the week. :)

More importantly, I discovered that it was possible to be proud of myself and thru some classes I learned how not to view myself as such a failure so often. That doesn't sound like a very nice thing to say about myself, but it's true. I have been dieting for 16+ years and just getting fatter and fatter. I have lost hundreds of pounds all together and I have trained for and completed 2 half marathons, all without ever feeling proud of my accomplishments at all because in the end I was still fat! still a failure.....

Anyways,I was made aware of the fact that I felt that way because I wasn't really giving myself much of a chance, because I am a restrictive eater and pretty much all or nothing and I guess I possibly had some unrealistic goals and not great ways to achieve these goals. I was given some great tools to behave differently and get different results, by the life coach and dietitian there. It all makes much more sense now, and I am feeling more hope full about getting to my goal weight than I ever have before!! Yay!!

I'll post some tips later and maybe just an idea of what I am doing in case anyone is interested. :)

LSL <3

No comments:

Post a Comment